Bear Creek Collection
Stories of the American frontier by Robert E. Howard
LibriVox recording of Bear Creek Collection Volumes 1 and 2, by Robert E. Howard. Read by RK Wilcox.
Breckinridge Elkins is the roughest, toughest, fastest-shootin', hardest-fightin' feller in the Bear Creek settlement, and probably in the entire Humbolt Mountains. As he travels further from home, he single-handedly takes on outlaws, settles (and starts) feuds and tries his hand at romancing the girls. He also discovers a lot of strange customs among other folks, such as building houses out of boards and wearing clothes that ain't buckskins. Set in Nevada during the late 1800's, this collection of stories is a great rollicking romp through the American frontier as seen through the eyes of one of the most enjoyable characters created in the history of tall tales.
(Summary by RK Wilcox)
For further information, including links to online text, reader information, RSS feeds, CD cover or other formats (if available), please go to the LibriVox catalog page for this recording.
For more free audio books or to become a volunteer reader, visit LibriVox.org.
- 1.1 - Mountain Man (32.5Mb)
- 1.2 - Guns of the Mountain (32.3Mb)
- 1.3 - The Scalp Hunter (38.7Mb)
- 1.4 - A Gent from Bear Creek (39.7Mb)
- 1.5 - The Road to Bear Creek (32.6Mb)
- 1.6 - The Haunted Mountain (33.7Mb)
- 1.7 - War on Bear Creek (41.9Mb)
- 1.8 - The Feud Buster (34.2Mb)
- 1.9 - Cupid from Bear Creek (33.7Mb)
- 1.10 - The Riot at Cougar Paw (38.4Mb)
- 2.1 - The Apache Mountain War (45.6Mb)
- 2.2 - Pilgrims to the Pecos (42.6Mb)
- 2.3 - Pistol Politics (41.3Mb)
- 2.4 - Evil Deeds at Red Cougar (48Mb)
- 2.5 - High Horse Rampage (44.2Mb)
- 2.6 - No Cowherders Wanted (46.6Mb)
- 2.7 - Conquerin' Hero of the Humboldts (40.9Mb)
- 2.8 - Sharp's Gun Serenade (41.2Mb)
- 2.9 - Texas John Alden (38.8Mb)
MP3 files hosted by archive.org.