How to Appreciate Music
LibriVox recording of How to Appreciate Music, by Gustav Kobbé
Originally published in 1906, this book is essentially a how to guide on music appreciation. Includes sections on the pianoforte, orchestral, and vocal music. Good for anyone who wishes for a greater appreciation of the wonders of music. (Summary by prwells32)
For further information, including links to online text, reader information, RSS feeds, CD cover or other formats or languages (if available), please go to the LibriVox catalog page for this recording.
For more free audio books or to become a volunteer reader, visit LibriVox.org.
Download M4B (201MB)
- Introduction (4.7Mb)
- The Pianoforte (39.7Mb)
- Bach's Service to Music (48.8Mb)
- From Fugue to Sonata (35.9Mb)
- Dawn of the Romantic Period (32.3Mb)
- Chopin, the Poet of the Pianoforte (27.1Mb)
- Schumann, the (11.3Mb)
- Liszt, the Giant among Virtuosos (27.7Mb)
- With Paderewski - A Modern Pianist on Tour (16.2Mb)
- Development of the Orchestra (20.4Mb)
- Instruments of the Orchestra (22.7Mb)
- Concerning Symphonies (15.9Mb)
- Richard Strauss and His Music (27.7Mb)
- A Note on Chamber Music (6.3Mb)
- Songs and Song Composers (25.4Mb)
- Oratorio (15.7Mb)
- Opera and Music-Drama (25.2Mb)
MP3 files hosted by archive.org.