My Gothic Dissertation
The story of a student's PhD
In a series of seven episodes beginning with Anna Williams' prospectus meeting and ending with the dissertation defense, My Gothic Dissertation tells the true story of a quest to complete my Ph.D. in English. Reading the novels of Ann Radcliffe, Mary Shelley, and Charlotte Brontė as critiques of the abuses of power perpetrated by knowers against learners, Anna Williams begins to suspect the same things are happening around her as she strives to finish her degree.
- Amateur Hour (7.7Mb)
- Grad School Gothic (17.4Mb)
- Invalidation and the Education of Emily St. Aubert (18Mb)
- Frankenstein: Or, The Modern Lift Master (part one) (6.9Mb)
- Frankenstein: Or, The Modern Lift Master (part two) (11.9Mb)
- On the Edge of a Moral Volcano (14.3Mb)
MP3 files hosted by annawilliamsweb.com.