This is the tale of two incredible people - one who knows he is incredible and the other who learns to be incredible. Set in 1960 in Brighton, self-styled guru and magus Hugo Rune rescues a young man from drowning and persuades him to become his assistant and partner in solving 12 mysteries. Rizla (for such is the young man's assumed name) agrees to help as he has lost his memory and has nowhere else to go. There then follows 12 of the most baffling, surreal, exciting, head-scratching and downright far-fetched mysteries ever written... all based in and around the suburbs of Brighton.
Across the mysteries Rizla and the audience learn about the Brighton zodiac, the chronovision, time travel, centaurs, a dastardly plot where the NHS kidnap vagrants for body parts, space pirates, the real history of Victorian Britain, Brighton pirates and the fate that awaits mankind should Hugo Rune fail in his task. And of course, there's a very bad man involved indeed - Hugo Rune's arch-nemesis of the ages, Count Otto Black - who wants to rule the world (what else!)
No MP3s found. The MP3 files used by this podcast appear to be missing. They may have been removed permanently from their source location.
- The Incredible Encounter with Hugo Rune (0Mb)
- The Hound of The Hangletons (0Mb)
- The Curious Case of The Centenary Centaur (0Mb)
- The Monstrous Mystery of The Moulsecoomb Crab (0Mb)
- The Lark of The Lansdowne Lioness (0Mb)
- The Curious Case of The Woodingdean Chameleon (0Mb)
- The Scintillating Story of The Sackville Scavenger (0Mb)
- The Fantastic Adventure of The Foredown Man (0Mb)
- The Baffling Business of The Bevendean Bat (0Mb)
- The Sensational Sage of The Saltdean Stallion (0Mb)
- The Bizarre Brouhaha of The Birdman of Whitehawk (0Mb)
- The Wondrous One-Off Wiseman of Withdean (0Mb)
- The Concluding Chaotic Conundrum of The Coldean Cat (0Mb)
MP3 files hosted by archive.org.